Itinéterre, the blog of the best routes to discover the Earth
Itinéterre is a travel blog offering the best routes to explore the most beautiful places on Earth. Our guide offers many destinations and each circuit is developed by a local or an expatriate living on site for an authentic experience of the country during your stay. We give you all their tips to prepare your vacation and their advice to not miss any of the essential sites. Ready for an unforgettable experience?
The best routes to explore South Africa
Africa has always tempted you but you have never taken the plunge? Get started with one of our itineraries for South Africa, a modern country without malaria or political instability and which radiates through:
- the beauty of its beaches on the Garden Route and in the province of Durban,
- its mountains in the magnificent Drakensberg range,
- safaris with the legendary Kruger National Park
- its history as in Johannesburg in the district of Soweto which lived the biggest anti-apartheid movements.
- its cosmopolitan cities with Cape Town and the famous Table Mountain.
- its vineyards with a world famous wine route.
Whether you prefer nature, sport or culture, there is something for all tastes and ages in our 'South Africa' tours.
The best tours to visit Namibia
Discover soon our route guide for Namibia. This little touristy country is full of wonder: the highest dunes in the world at Sossusvlei in the Namib Desert, the second largest Canyon in the world after that of the USA, the largest population of free cheetahs in Etosha Park or the village of abandoned diamond researcher from Kolmanskop. Go explore this country apart thanks to our best tours.
Our tips for a successful trip:
- Book your flight in advance to take advantage of the best prices
Airline ticket prices are cheaper when booked 6 to 3 months in advance. To be sure of getting the best price, we recommend using a flight comparator such as Skyscanner.
- Book your accommodation before departure to get the best deals
You will always find a room at the last minute, but the best located accommodations are necessarily those that are always full. That's why it's best to book your accommodations as soon as possible. We recommend going through Agoda which allows you to be easily reimbursed in the event of cancellation.
- Skip the line to visit the most popular attractions
By booking your excursions in advance on Civitatis, you do not queue on the spot. Less time to wait = more time to enjoy this vacation!
- Use a comparator to find a rental car at the lowest price
Save yourself hours of research with rentalcar.com. This comparator is the best way to find rental cars at the lowest prices.
- Never leave without travel insurance
For us, it is unimaginable to leave without travel insurance. We recommend the one proposed by AXIS. This is the best guaranteed way to leave with peace of mind. However, consider taking out additional specialized insurance for activities not covered (such as skiing or scuba diving).
- Want more information about your destination?
Do not hesitate to complete the information present on this blog with a travel Guide. You can take it in your luggage and refer to it throughout your vacation.